Hi lovely readers! Today’s post is very necessary information you need when shopping for makeup online or in a drugstore (they usually don’t have testers).
We had a free sample pot promotion earlier on in the year when we launched online. For those of you who missed it, you haven’t missed out on knowing your true foundation shade!
Here’s the scoop….
- First of all you need to decide whether you’re going for a mineral powder (good for oily skin) or an oil free foundation. Once you get that dilemma out of the way,
- Find out what your undertone is. This is very easy! Just turn your wrist over and see what colour your veins are. Are they greenish? (in which case you are a YELLOW/WARM undertone which is a C-shade in Trim & Prissy Hi-def or flawless foundation and an MC-shade in our Mineral powder foundation. If the veins of your wrist are more of a blueish colour then RED/COOL is your undertone and you are an N-shade. Easy as!
Another way to know your shade is by knowing what your MAC shade is. Needless to say, MAC is the universal shade language in the makeup sphere! So head to a MAC store and ask them to colour match you. We have matched our foundations to MAC to make it easier for you to shop here! Alternatively, if you have a friend who is the same skin tone as you then ask them what their foundation shade is.
FYI, this is all very commonplace regardless of where you’re shopping for makeup, be it online or in a drugstore. Most drugstores do not have foundation testers! So we have a few handy tips for when you’re in this situation. You can actually match your shade without testing it on your skin in the following ways:
- Bring a shade you already own as a reference point and hold it against all the other shades you are browsing through to find your closest match
- Hold the foundation bottle against your face on your jaw line. Ensure this is done under natural light for accuracy.
- If you get stuck between two shades, buy them both (it’s not a waste because in the long run you’ll know what your true shade is). You can have a lighter shade and darker shade for when you tan or even blend them together for a custom shade!
If you ever buy the wrong shade online or in a drugstore, it’s really not the end of the world because you can use it very sparingly (just on the areas you need coverage!) and you’ll see for yourself it looks absolutely fine. Don’t use the wrong shade all over your face unless it’s Halloween (hehehe…!).
Last handy tip Trim & Prissy has for you is NEVER match your foundation on your hand! It will never be the right shade for you because your face is a different texture and colour always!
If still in doubt go to http://www.temptalia.com/foundation-matrix/scratch where every foundation shade is matched perfectly to your skin tone once you know your undertone!
Now shop! Shop! Shop! With new found confidence that you are getting your true foundation shade.
The Trim & Prissy team!